Window cleanings are an essential part of your home’s maintenance. In fact, they should be thoroughly cleaned at least once a year to ensure they look their best and can last their entire expected lifetime. But when is the best time to schedule a professional window cleaning? Each season offers its own unique advantages and challenges.
Our team at Vue Window Cleaning understands how important it is to make the best decision for your home. To help homeowners make their most informed decision, we’ve compiled a list of benefits and drawbacks for each season to ensure your windows look their best and you feel like a professional window cleaning is a worthwhile investment.
Despite the chill in the air, winter may be a great time to get your windows cleaned. With shorter wait times, you may have the cleanest windows on your block. However, winter doesn’t come without its challenges, which should be considered before you schedule.
- Expert protection: Winter weather can be especially harsh on your windows. However, with professional window cleanings, your windows can be protected from potential damage caused by the elements, including snow, ice, and salt residue. Professional cleaners have the equipment and cleaning supplies to handle the toughest winter problems, keeping your windows safe throughout the season.
- Prevent damage: Allowing debris to sit on the surface of your windows might seem harmless. However, this debris can lead to substantial damage to your windows, including scratches, fogginess, and more. If you want to keep your windows safe and ensure they last for their entire expected lifespan, schedule professional window cleaning.
- Weather limitations: Winter comes with an array of extreme weather conditions, from ice and snow storms to low temperatures. These weather conditions can make it much more difficult to perform professional window cleaning services and may even result in rescheduling of your service.
- Frozen stains: As the temperature drops below freezing, some stains become more difficult to remove. If you choose to get professional window cleaning services in the winter, you may find that you need repeat services to remove the stains.
As the flowers begin to bloom and you start to check off your spring cleaning checklist, you might even consider scheduling window cleanings. While spring is a great time to get your windows cleaned, there are certainly some drawbacks that must be considered.
- Optimal weather: Spring weather is often far less severe than winter weather, making it a great time to schedule a professional window cleaning. With better weather, there are fewer chances for freezing temperatures. This weather means you won’t have to worry about rescheduling.
- Remove pollen and allergens: As flowers bloom and leaves begin to grow, pollen and allergens linger in the air and may find themselves stuck to your windows. By cleaning your windows, you can remove pollen and allergens, potentially reducing your own allergies throughout the spring.
- High demand: While you might think spring is the perfect time to get your windows cleaned, there are some drawbacks. Many people choose to schedule window cleanings during the spring, leading to a higher demand and potentially longer wait times before your appointment.
- Potential higher cost: With higher demand often comes higher costs. If you choose to schedule in the spring, it is important to know that the cost of a professional window cleaning may be more expensive, especially if you are looking for a last-minute appointment.
With warmer temperatures and longer days, summer offers many benefits when scheduling a professional window cleaning. Although the weather makes it a great season for window cleanings, it does offer some challenges to your window cleaning team.
- Extended daylight: During the summer months, we experience much longer days than throughout the rest of the year. This extra daylight is perfect for professional window cleaning, as it allows your professionals plenty of time to complete their service without having to race the sun.
- Quick dry times: With warmer temperatures that accompany the earlier summer months, you don’t have to worry about your windows taking too long to dry. If you want your windows cleaned quickly and efficiently, this might be a great time to consider scheduling.
- Heat and direct sunlight: While the summer weather conditions are generally ideal for window cleaning, extreme heat and direct sunlight can make it more difficult to complete the task. With added heat, the cleaning solution may evaporate before your windows are thoroughly cleaned, leaving them streaky.
- Busy schedule: It isn’t just the busy schedule of your window cleaner that you need to think about when scheduling your window cleaning service. Often, people have much busier schedules during the summer months, making it harder to find time to schedule this appointment as well.
Fall is by far the most popular time of year to schedule your window cleaning. With milder temperatures and more people at home after the summer holiday, there are more opportunities to schedule. Still, there are some factors that may make this the wrong time of year to get your windows cleaned.
- Prepare for winter: Cleaning your windows in the fall gives you an opportunity to rinse away all of the debris and dust from winter, spring, and summer. When they’re cleaned ahead of winter, they’re more prepared to handle the harsher weather.
- Holiday freshness: There is a lot to get done before the holidays hit, and you might not even think about your windows when you’re preparing. However, by scheduling your professional window cleaning before the holidays, you ensure the outside of your home looks its best before your family comes over.
- Long wait times: Fall is one of the most popular times of year to schedule a window cleaning, meaning that the wait times for these cleaning services are often the longest of the year. If you don’t want long waits, fall might not be the right time for you.
- Limited daylight: As winter draws closer, the sun rises later and sets earlier. This limited daylight means your window cleaning team has very limited time to get services done, adding to the longer waits.
Professional Window Cleaning Services You Can Trust
Ultimately, the best time of year to clean your windows is the time of year that is most convenient for you and your family. While there are unique challenges throughout the year, our team at Vue Window Cleaning is ready to take them all on. With years of experience cleaning windows on homes across the Parker, Colorado, area, we’re confident that we can do the same for you.
In addition to our window cleaning services, our amazing team provides power washing, gutter cleaning, and more. If you’re ready to have a spotless home with the help of our team, don’t hesitate to contact us today.